OPDRACHT # The Matrix
(inleveren vóór woensdag 2018 23:59. Te laat is te laat!)
Kijk naar het videofragment. (Gebruik eventueel de knop voor Engelse ondertiteling.) Het is niet belangrijk of je de film The Matrix wel of niet hebt gezien. Kijk het fragment gerust een aantal keer. Neem de tijd om er over na te denken.
1a) Wat is de "Matrix"?
b) Welke twee werelden worden er onderscheiden? Zie je verwantschap met Plato's allegorie van de grot?
c) Wat vind je van het aanbod dat Morpheus doet? Welke pil zou jij nemen en waarom?
d) Wat voor mensbeeld komt er in deze film naar voren?
- At last. Welcome, Neo. As you no doubt have guessed. . . l am Morpheus.
- lt's an honor to meet you.
- The honor is mine. Please, come. Sit. l imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. . .tumbling down the rabbit hole?
- You could say that.
- I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees. . . .because he's expecting to wake up. lronically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
- Why not?
- l don't like the idea that l'm not in control of my life.
- l know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life. Something's wrong with the world. You don't know what, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind. . . .driving you mad. lt is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what l'm talking about?
- The Matrix?
- Do you want to know. . . .what it is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window. . .or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work. . . .when you go to church. . . .when you pay your taxes.
lt is the world that has been pulled over your eyes. . . to blind you from the truth.
- What truth?
- That you are a slave. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage. . . Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison. . . .for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be. . . .told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill. . . .the story ends, you wake up|in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill. . . .you stay in Wonderland. . . .and l show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember. . . all l'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.